Let’s face it–being tied down to the apartment wasn’t exactly what I had in mind when I thought of becoming a mommy. Thank you Utah winter weather. So I’ve been trying to think of things that I can do while I’m at home when the laundry and cleaning just ain’t appealing no more. And right now, those things just aren’t. (You would know this if you stopped by for a visit…so please don’t.)
Soooo, my creative juices have been flowing. In my mind I have, oh, dozens of craft projects that I’m just dying to do. But then all of me comes out. I’m an all-or-nothing kind of gal. That’s right. Don’t even think about vacuuming the bedroom unless you are willing to purge the closet, dust the fan, rotate the mattress, and hang a new picture on the wall. (Hence, our messy room that needs some attention.) Oh yeah, the point… I just like to get a lot done all at once. None of this start-crocheting-a-hat-so-that-I- can-finish-it-later stuff. When that happens, I end up starting over. It’s a vicious cycle, that crocheting stuff. Anyway, so here is what I’ve done so far.
- I managed to finish a hat for Katelyn and her two cousins. You saw that hat here.
- I finally finished two hooded towels for my friend Melissa. (Now all I have to do is mail them…yeah.)
- I made a pair of shoes for Katelyn. They are 90% done but it might just stay that way. I need more practice and they are too big for her right now anyway. We’ll see. (And this picture is awful…sorry).
- I made this dress for Katelyn out of a skirt of mine. I guess you couldn’t quite see it in my previous post so here.
- I made a blanket for my SIL Megan who is expecting her baby girl in the next few weeks. (Oh, how I need to take pictures when there is daylight.)
After all of this, I started thinking, “hey, I could make so much stuff!” So I started looking at blogs…and more blogs. Oh. My. There is a lot of stuff a mommy could make. I found this blog called Make It and Love It. There are tons of cute ideas for many different things. I like it because it gives a lot of tutorials instead of just saying, “come buy it from my etsy shop.” I admit though, some things are a little ridiculous and obvious like the spray painting the wicker basket. If you need a tutorial for that, you maybe shouldn’t be doing crafts.
So my up and coming craft goals are the following:
- Make two car seat covers. One for me and one for my sis. Kind of like this but I’ve got a few tweaks that hopefully will make it a little more than a blanket with ribbon. I’ll keep you posted.
- Scrapbooking Katelyn’s baby book….oh the endless pile of scrapbooking.
- Decorate burp cloths. This could be fun.
- Make three more baby blankets for my SIL Katie who is expecting triplets!
And probably much, much more. If only I had some mod podge. Then I could make me some fancy shoes, too!