I realized recently that I may have a slight problem with unfinished projects. What was once a small card table piled with projects has now expanded to a second table.
Sometimes I use the things that I really want to do as a reward for finishing things that I’ve gotten less excited about. You know…like that pile of Christmas presents that I thought would be a good idea to make? Now it seems like those are going to be the death of me… *sigh*
Yesterday I decided I could just spend a day finishing up those last few haunting projects so I could make more space. You know…more space for more projects.
And now that I finished those things I’m spending a day documenting my projects and blogging about it. It’s fine. It’s Friday. So I can brag a bit about my accomplishments.
First off, my diaper clutch.
That’s what they call them on Etsy so that’s what I’m calling mine. I made this a few months ago after getting tired of loose diapers, loose changing pad, and wipes that I could never dig up fast enough from the bottomless diaper bag. Months before that my mom sewed together the changing pad. Since I never bought an actual diaper bag, I never got that totally awesome changing pad they come with. So I spent $3 on some clearance vinyl and I love it. Heavy duty. Easy to clean and sanitize. Possibly the best part is you can fold it up so that the side that touches the nasty public changing tables never touches the side that Katelyn does.
The clutch was a result of Etsy inspiration, realizing that the perfect clutch doesn’t exist, and not wanting to pay a ridiculous amount of money for something so simple. Oh, and the fact that our previous one (a freebie) was left at my sister-in-law’s long ago. Perfect excuse to make one that I really like.
The next project that I actually finished yesterday was my circle wrap skirt.
Two things that I learned: button wholes aren’t as scary as I thought and gathering a ruffle to go all the way around the skirt takes a very, very long time. Uh, and maybe I should iron things like this before I take pictures.
The next project is a DIY classic. Old picture frame = new dry erase board. With mine I used my abundance of scrapbook paper, ribbon and flowers to dress it up. Took one night to make. Took about three weeks to get hung up.
And the picture is intentionally blurry for my privacy.
Then a little random fun. I love the look of paper quilling so I made a sign for Katelyn’s door. It was going to go in her room but I’ve since changed directions on the color scheme. But it works great for her door.
And that completes what I have completed. Now all that’s left is…
…a box full of pictures.
(oh i need a scrapbook buddy)
…a foam wreath.
atelyn’s Katelyn’s something book.
…and an untouched Luxury stack to be used for all the flower projects in Katelyn’s room.
Oh yeah, and all those Christmas gifts…