I decided you need an update. I’ve been severely slacking this time around with everything. Pictures, posting…everything. So here’s what’s going on.
I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say I’m mostly miserable. You’d think that being the second time around the genius body would handle it like a champ. Things were already stretched once so round numba two is easy. Instead it seems to know what it’s getting into and stubbornly moving along. Trimester number three has shown up with fire. Yesterday after continuing my complaints of body aches, I wondered if I should move more to feel better or rest more. I think I’m gonna die either way.
I had my 32-week checkup on Tuesday. I’m about 75% excited because my doctor says our Pickle is head down! I say 75% because as you may recall, that’s what something like four doctors said about Katelyn. I want to believe him so badly but can you blame me for not?
With that said, I have a pretty good feeling that she’s in a totally different position than Katelyn. K’s head was always right up against my rib and no matter how much I gently pushed and massaged her away, she didn’t budge. This one has a definite bump but it’s much softer (as should be a little tushie) and is good 3 or so inches lower than K’s noggin was. Logic tells me it makes sense than you can go lower on your head than if you are folded in half, bum first. Either way, I’m going to take the doc up on his offer to do a 36 week ultra sound just to be sure.
Also, this one is much, much more active which also makes sense. Hard to give a good kick if you are folded in half, right? This little Pickle swims laps. She keeps me up at night and often, I’m completely grossed out. Let’s be honest. Think about it. It’s disgusting.
Anyway, we may or may not have a name picked out. We have one that both Devin and I like but maybe we are afraid of commitment. Maybe we don’t want to have the weird nagging feeling of “should that really be her name?” like we had with Katelyn. So it’s still in the works.
Also still in the works is what we are going to do about beds. Why this is stressing me out so much I’m not sure. Do we get another porta-crib? Do we put the Munch in toddler bed? Is she ready? (No!) Do we get a full size crib and do a baby shuffle for a while? I want as few transitions for Katelyn as possible…oh what to do? Any suggestions with good reasons?